She Came From Lake Elsinore....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: She Came From Lake Elsinore....

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Default She Came From Lake Elsinore....

Dumped by her owners. They named her Wheezy. A very small, black, female pug. Somewhere between 7 and 10 years old, with a frosted gray mask, paws and tail.

I picked her up yesterday. She was covered in filth and stunk, feces was smeared all over her. Badly dehydrated. She laid quietly in my lap on the drive home. Her backbone, ribs and hips jutted out beneath her dry, flaky skin. She was emaciated, yet she has a full udder. Pregnant. Poor sweet old girl.

I got her home and bathed her, it took two washings to get the water to run clear. She seemed to enjoy it. Afterward she had diarrhea. Bad diarrhea. I offered her Orijen, but she wouldn't eat it. Offered her raw, and she ate a half patty happily. More diarrhea. She rank and the dehydration seemed a bit better. She went to her foster last night. I just got a message that she is giving birth...

Poor little thing, she shouldn't be trying to birth and care for pups.

Will keep you posted to how she is doing.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

oh boy Lisa, you got her just in time......
    good vibes for Wheezy and her pups.....
    please keep us posted
    and thank you again

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

luluthepug is offline Village Governor

oh I LOVE HER! SEND HER TO ME, QUICK! so thankful she found her way to you, and your foster. phew. just in time. i'm sure she will make someone very happy. please keep us posted on how she's doing.

and speaking of diarrhea. how's your chronic diarrhea foster? (sorry, i can't remember his name right now - trying to do too many things at once).

kara
    I dip my pen in the blackest ink, because I'm not afraid of falling into my inkpot.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

owned by Walnut and the Baby Buddha aka Wally & Baby
    Penny (big, black, fluffy cat)
    our guardian angel, Lulu,
    and forever young kitties Max, Clara & Bessie

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Taco is doing great. Most of the time his poops are firm, but occasionally he will emit firm poop bullets in gravy. or he will have a firm poop, then at the very end will dribble a few drops of watery poop.

he is on the resting period of his treatment, then will get another week of treatment in about 10 days.

Take care,
    Lisa

- Mohandas Gandhi

luluthepug is offline Village Governor

TACO. How could I forget that name??!!! Wow. That's awesome. What do you attribute the change to? Raw? No people food? Less stress? So glad to hear he's improving though. And what is his "treatment" again?
    I dip my pen in the blackest ink, because I'm not afraid of falling into my inkpot.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

owned by Walnut and the Baby Buddha aka Wally & Baby
    Penny (big, black, fluffy cat)
    our guardian angel, Lulu,
    and forever young kitties Max, Clara & Bessie

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Poor Wheezy!!Hope she is okay!

lotusseeds is offline Village VP

Wow, how sad for her life spent in filth. I am so glad that they surrendered her so at least she has a chance to live a better life with a family that will love and at least take care of her. It must just boggle your mind to see dogs treated so poorly time and time again. I don't know where you get your strength from, but I am thankful that you are inspried to do what you do.
    I hope both she and her babies are okay.
    Pam, pugmom to Dumpling and human mother to 3

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

What are you using for the Pug with the watery stool? Sassi is having a really bad time of it I thought we had it beat three sturdy poops then a watery one.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Wheezy seems to have aborted the pups and while in the process of that, also gave birth to her uterus and began to hemorrhage. She was rushed into the vet and stabilized. Friday they will spay her and that should eliminate the problem.

Hopefully she picks up weight and condition quickly and finds the wonderful home that she deserves.

As for Taco, I am treating him for chronic Giardia....7 days treatment, two weeks off, 7 days treatment.

2gm fenbendazole (safe-guard, panacur) once per day
    250 mg. amoxicillin 2 times per day
    Bac-Pak probiotic (by Nzymes) 1/4 scoop twice per day

You treat with the wormer for a week, then off for two weeks, then another week of the wormer.
    You treat for two weeks with the amoxicillin, then off for a week, then two more weeks.
    You MUST use the probiotic the whole time and for 4-8 weeks afterward.

He gets nothing but raw food, Nature's Variety or Stella & Chewys.

Take care,
    Lisa

- Mohandas Gandhi

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Poor Wheezy. How traumatic, although the stress of nursing pups would have been so heavy for her. Maybe now she'll stand a chance; I hope she pulls through the surgery.

Hope Taco continues to improve! And you know it'll be a long time before I can eat gravy again, right?
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast