Pug rescue in Europe?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pug rescue in Europe?

SadieJames is offline New to the Village

Default Pug rescue in Europe?

Hello,

I've been searching to adopt a pug in need for YEARS (no joking), but here in Europe it's very hard. Even people who need to find a new family for their dog sell them for about 400!
    Which I think is not fair, for the dog and for pug lovers.

Moreover, I would like to adopt a pug in need (old pug, sick pug... i dont mind.) who really needs help.

I know that pug rescue organizations exist in the USA, but so so far i havent found the equivalent in Europe.
    (I am French but live in Germany).

IF any of you know such organisations in Europe, that would be very kind to let me know. I cant wait to have my pug, and i cant wait to help one in need!!!

Thanks.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

In England we have the Pug Welfare and Rescue Association but I am not sure they would rehome outside of the UK.

Pugs sometimes end up in general rescues - I think maybe you should find a general rescue and register your interest in a pug.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

SadieJames is offline New to the Village

Thanks Snifter.
    I did contact The Pug Welfare and Rescue Association, but due to the huge amount of people willing to adopt a pug, they have stopped taking any people on a waiting list. And they want to visit the people's home etc, so it would be impossible for them to make sure my home is stable and ok for a dog.
    I keep searching on every kind of website and shelters, and maybe i'll "fall in love" with another dog (even if it's not a pug! i just need a small dog) and will be able to adopt it asap.
    :)

+ Reply to Thread