Why Pet Stores Should Not Be Able To Sell Pups and Kittens - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why Pet Stores Should Not Be Able To Sell Pups and Kittens

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

The last time I was near a pet store that sold puppies, I went in and started preaching to a girl looking at a puggle. The store employees weren't too happy....Screw them.
    groverthepug and SiennasMommy like this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Quote Originally Posted by CSollers View Post
    The last time I was near a pet store that sold puppies, I went in and started preaching to a girl looking at a puggle. The store employees weren't too happy....Screw them.

I do this with people buying fish, especially if they have a fish bowl in their hands, or are looking at betta fish in a cup. :(
    I've been asked to leave once or twice.

Angel89411 is offline Village Admiral

We had a petland type store when I lived in Baton Rouge. I am happy to say it didn't even last a year. I worked 2 doors down in the same shopping strip and would go play with the puppies. I often saw them eating poop and they offered financing on dogs! Wow. If you can't afford the dog to begin with, now is not the right time for one.
    CSollers likes this.
    Momma to a zoo. We have a total of 3 dogs, 1 service dog in training, 2 cats, and 2 human children. It's one crazy life.

The key to life is "family and friends. And a good pet. For pure loyalty there is nothing like a pug." - Robin Williams

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Angel89411 View Post
    We had a petland type store when I lived in Baton Rouge. I am happy to say it didn't even last a year. I worked 2 doors down in the same shopping strip and would go play with the puppies. I often saw them eating poop and they offered financing on dogs! Wow. If you can't afford the dog to begin with, now is not the right time for one.
    I like to inform these folks about where the cute puppies come from. If everybody knew about puppy mills, these stores would not be able to sell very many puppies. I was gonna say they couldn't sell any but some folks just wouldn't care....People suck!
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

It's not where the puppies come from, that's established fact. It's what happens to the puppies that go unsold until they are past the cute stage-that is the more difficult question. Make no mistake that commercial breeders form a strong partnership to resist legal change. I have often wondered if local zoning laws against selling live animals, disposing of live animal waste and being forced to buy insurance against live animal bites and scratches might dampen the pet shop trade.
    Last edited by tall grass pugs; 09-01-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Poochysforever and CSollers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tall grass pugs View Post
    It's not where the puppies come from, that's established fact. It's what happens to the puppies that go unsold until they are past the cute stage-that is the more difficult question. Make no mistake that commercial breeders form a strong partnership to resist legal change. I have often wondered if local zoning laws against selling live animals, disposing of live animal waste and being forced to buy insurance against live animal bites and scratches might dampen the pet shop trade.
    What does happen with unsold puppies? This may be another good angle to argue. Thanks again, Ellen, you've brought up several excellent ideas.

groverthepug is offline Village Admiral

Last edited by groverthepug; 07-26-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Come at night to a dog auction. Bring no camera or phone. See what happens. Tell no one your name, tell no one your business. Don't come alone, and if you must come at all, go outside to vomit.

There are certain things I can't do because I know myself well enough. I would end up beaten and left for dead or in jail if I would go to one of these.
    SiennasMommy and Nina_W like this.

no doubt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast