+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why Pet Stores Should Not Be Able To Sell Pups and Kittens

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Default Why Pet Stores Should Not Be Able To Sell Pups and Kittens

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

And why it's important not to buy from stores.......and to go see where your puppy is from. Many sites look really good....but they are nothing more than puppy mills!!!!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Every time I'd get a glimpse of a pug, my stomach would turn.

Take care,
    Lisa
    shaynapug and pansy601 like this.
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Whenever I'm home sick on Thursday's, Sienna and I will sit on the couch and watch Animal Cops Houston or Detroit. The cruelty to animals is just unreal.

My little girl Sienna lost her puppyhood (first year of her life) in a puppy mill. She was in a chicken wire cage with the rest of her brothers and sisters. No toys, no interaction (except negative - she's afraid especially of men in certain hats). She was the scrawniest of the puppies. The breeder who bought her (she's a good breeder, not one of these byb's) took her to give her a chance to survive (she was looking for a female breeding pug). She said that Sienna was so skinny, they thought she had worms, but she didn't. Sienna lived in a pull-barn near the Michigan Indiana border with no air conditioning and no heat. Her parents lived in another pull-barn and the breeder asked the puppy-miller if she could see the parents, but he wouldn't let her.

I often think about Sienna's parents and brothers and sisters left behind. Everytime it storms (Sienna is afraid of thunder and hard rain - it probably got noisy and scary in that pull-barn to a little puppy) I say a prayer for the dogs in mills who are in hot pull-barns and out in chicken wire cages exposed to the elements not 50 miles away from us.
    Last edited by SiennasMommy; 07-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    PeachesMom likes this.

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Hooray for the responsible breeders out there, fighting the good fight. That's not a very nice youtube video at all :(
    6 Beautiful Pugs likes this.

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

I will not step in any store that sells live animals not even to buy a dog biscuit.

I watch the Animal Planet Cop shows and my husband asks how I can watch them. I tell him that I'm glad they are on and good if it stops one person from buying from a puppy mill or a pet store.

It's a terrible thing that these animals live like that. People need to be educated somehow to these death camps.
    SiennasMommy likes this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

None of the stores in our area sell puppies. Most of the stores have "rescue adoption" events, where SPCA and other rescue organizations can bring the dogs in the stores and try to get them adopted out. They put a sign in front of the store announcing the adoption event so anyone who is considering adopting can come in the store and meet the dogs and adopt one. I was in the store the other day and a dog was in the process of being adopted to his forever home.
    6 Beautiful Pugs likes this.

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

Not here in Fl. We have Petland & Puppy Land selling sick puppies.
    Most are transported by truck through Hunte Corp. that get so many small breed dogs from mills. Just disgusting.
    Last edited by Pug Auntie; 07-10-2013 at 02:12 PM.

mieu is offline Village Senator

Connecticut almost successfully passed such a ban recently, but didn't quite make it. There are a few towns here though that have, however. You won't hear me sing praises of big chain stores too loudly but one good thing that came of the ubiquity of Petco and Petsmart is that more people are frequenting pet supply stores that don't tempt the unwary with puppies/kittens for retail sale.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, till the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Scootaloo's Page!

PeachesMom is offline Village Admiral

I know that Petland brain washes their employees that their animals come from breeders. Don't think so! I also heard that none of the their puppies sell for less than $1,000. Insane! If we had one of those stores here I might have to picket in their parking lot. Do you think I'd get arrested for that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast