Axel - burned and thrown from a car - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Axel - burned and thrown from a car

Luckylyn is offline Village Mayor

I don't know if it is still the case, but when I lived in Oregon (for about 10 years, throughout the 1990s), the "penalty" for abusing or even intentionally killing a dog or other animal was so negligible that it was laughable. Something like a smallish fine and that was it. Completely shocked me when I learned about it, and still does.

No idea what the penalty is here in California...
    Loconn55 likes this.

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Though I fully understand the impulse to tear rapists, murderers and animal & domestic abusers limb from limb, the problem with capital punishment is that it is nowhere near impartial. In recent years alone, 123 people have been released from death row due to mistaken convictions—but many more have been murdered—by the state.

I could post many reliable stats to support this; here's just a brief list: https://www.aclu.org/capital-punishm...th-penalty-101

As violence and misogyny are now played for sex and entertainment in most of the "action" movies so beloved by the U.S. populace, and more and more children are almost entirely screen-bred, I believe we're in dire need of intensive real-world empathy training in elementary school and beyond to avoid a real decline in our civic safety, with several generations now of too many kids who just never learned to care much. I know nobody's ever going to fund this in our political climate in the U.S., but I'm convinced that elementary school kids are old enough to and should have intensive, daily hands-on fieldwork to learn that what makes you important in the world isn't your looks or your wallet, but your ability to help: at an animal shelter, community cleanups and gardens, recycling centers and nursing homes.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

pansy601 is offline Village Mayor

Well said! This was horrible. Contributed what I could.. Poor Axel... :(
    West Coast Pugs likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Contributed. Hope he's on the mend. Humans can be the worst animal in the world.
    West Coast Pugs likes this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

Tonkamama is offline Village Mayor

That is disgusting. I cannot wrap my head around that. An eye for an eye and some serious karma for that horrible excuse for a human being.
    Laurie ;)

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Laurie, I have personally known people who deserve capital punishment. I'm not talking in abstract here, murderers, rapists, and murderer/rapists. People who have been unapologetic about their crimes and who would commit them again given the chance.
    Shiloh'sdaddy likes this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

myka's mom is offline Village Mayor

after all that horror that little guy will still love all the people he meets I hope he finds a forever home that loves him, has a speedy recovery and lives a long happy life
    CSollers and Loconn55 like this.

Shiloh'sdaddy is offline Village VP

Quote Originally Posted by CSollers View Post
    Laurie, I have personally known people who deserve capital punishment. I'm not talking in abstract here, murderers, rapists, and murderer/rapists. People who have been unapologetic about their crimes and who would commit them again given the chance.
    Every one has their own opinion, but to quote the great Ron White. " In Texas if you kill somebody well kill you back! If 5 or more people witness you do it you get to go to the front of the line. In my state were putting in an express lane."

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I am so unhappy when a precious animal that has no protection other than a human is harmed.

I am so tired of the way we here in the US view punishment for criminals. My grandfather once witnessed a state hanging. He told me the eyes popped out, the tongue was longer than what he would have thought and he never broke the law!

Even though it seems harsh we have to change our stance people think anything goes because we don't complete the sentence.....the Constitution gives specific due process...state courts, then supreme court once the sentence is up held then sorry bye bye....

A more stringent system is needed when you can go to prison and get food, exercise, all the conveniences why not?

I bust m @ss every day to put food on the table, I live by the laws of this country, I pay my bills. It's time to make life tough for criminals and stop the madness
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

lotusseeds is offline Village VP

Bastards!
    Many thoughts and prayers to the little pug man for a fast recovery and a trusting loving future.
    CSollers likes this.
    Pam, pugmom to Dumpling and human mother to 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast