Meet Bozlee
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Bozlee

Default Meet Bozlee

Here's pics of the sweet boy I picked up today. How in the world can anyone look him in the face and decide to put him down?

If anyone is interested in adopting him when the time is right, please PM me. He is local to Southern California. We think he's 5 years old.

Sitting peacefully in the crate in my car --

Big yawn -- this little fellow had the sweetest disposition!!!

Bozlee had one toy. A very beat up little teddy.

Here, you can see a bit of his skin condition.

With as little hair as he has, I couldn't tell if he has some brindle coloring or if he's simply a bit on the orange side. The little guy is pretty bald on his back half. The preliminary report from the vet is that he thinks it's a severe allergic reaction or lack of the right meds. There was no odor at all to his coat so hoping no mange (the woman who gave him up swore up and down that she had him scraped for mange and it was negative). Another piece of good news is that he's already neutered.

Honestly, I don't remember the last time I've met such a sweet-tempered pug. He puts my wild boys to shame. He didn't blink an eye when I took him and only whimpered a few times during the drive. He did bark once when he heard me eat a taco on our trip.

They've promised to keep me updated on his adoption status. I didn't get squat done at work and I'll be working late tonight catching up. But today was a very good day.
    Last edited by smoochieface; 02-22-2007 at 11:07 PM.

He is such a sweet looking little guy. I hope he finds his perfect forever home soon.

Mattie's fur was a mess when Sharon got her from the pound, but it grew back beautifully in just a few months. You might want to PM her (ForeverHopper) for suggestions. I know she is the one that gets most, if not all, of the fur challenged pugs for CFPR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sabra - Owned by Mack & Mattie
    FashionableFurbabies
    Central Florida Pug Rescue

Click HERE for 2007 PV Secret Santa Info!!
    Deadline for sign-ups is October 10th!!

Ben&Cricket is offline Village Admiral

Bozlee is so cute. I am happy that you were able to get Bozlee. In time he will be looking great with TLC.
    Christine ~Ben's Mom ( Ben rescued 11-11-2006)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ownedbymack View Post
    Mattie's fur was a mess when Sharon got her from the pound, but it grew back beautifully in just a few months. You might want to PM her (ForeverHopper) for suggestions. I know she is the one that gets most, if not all, of the fur challenged pugs for CFPR.
    Thanks so much for that info, Sabra! I just emailed the head of rescue in San Diego and offered help along those lines if they need it.

Oh he looks so cute-I love his face. Was the vet actually going to put him down?? THe person who had Sam tried to put him down and the vet told him to call rescue instead.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Honey, I would have sent you the .89 for a taco, no wonder he wept. He will be a fine addition to any home, he's welcome here in a heart beat. Thanks for being there, how sad is the Teddy---there must be a story behind where the toy came from and how long ago it was purchased. So many of these seniors were the precious pet of an elderly mom or dad shipped away to die at a 'convelescent' hospital while they are promised that their dog is okay. (FYI, the big moment this evening was John Ott and Donner making the twenty foot walk down the hall on a snack run) I hope and pray this poor man finds a hall of his own to walk as prince of the home. And if he finds that place, the credit will be all to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SairaLV View Post
    Oh he looks so cute-I love his face. Was the vet actually going to put him down?? THe person who had Sam tried to put him down and the vet told him to call rescue instead.
    I don't know, Saira. There were a couple of rescues involved. She spoke to one rescue who has over 50 pugs in foster and asked if she could wait a week for a foster home to open up. She said okay. Then, this is where it gets hazy, I think she called another rescue saying she was having him put down and someone got the vet's information. After that, lots of calls and emails, ending with her agreeing not to take the pug to the vet if we picked him up from her immediately. I don't think I'll ever know the whole story. Water under the bridge now, I guess. Just happy he's getting good care now and I'm hoping the perfect family comes for him.

What a sweet face!! Thank you again Kendie for going out of your way to save this little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by tall grass pugs View Post
    Thanks for being there, how sad is the Teddy---there must be a story behind where the toy came from and how long ago it was purchased.
    There is definitely a story there. The Teddy is very old and very well loved. The woman told me he wants it with him always and doesn't want anyone to touch it. I hope it gives him comfort in the days ahead.

Co-Pilot in Flight is offline Village High Flying Sweetheart

Awww what a SWEETIE, I hope he has many more Teddys' in his future!

Photo circa 2008!
    Sara: Mom to Co-Pilot(10), our pug girl and "her boys", Carter(8) and Cameron(4).

Co-Pilot on Dogster

www.dogster.com/dogs/324829 301.9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast