come
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Hellas

Thread: come

eliman is offline Village Puppy

Default come

good morning every body. my pug listens to me when i say come but when we went to a strangers persons home , he called come boy the dog looked at him and then whent to play whith his sxih tsou dog. of course the friend told me that the dog is not clever enough because he didnt came when he asked him to. i told him that he is a tottal stranger to him and that he didnt have to come because he didnt knew him . i am not so sure that i was right what do you think?

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

It has nothing to do with being clever. Dogs, especially puppies, will respond to the person who has been training them. Your puppy understands what YOU mean when you say 'come', but he probably doesn't understand what somebody else means. Also, you're right. Why should your dog obey just anybody? I want my dogs to obey ME, not any stranger they meet. I walk my dogs off leash every day, and it would never work if they started running every time somebody yelled 'come' to their dog. They know that they are meant to respond to me only.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

The next time your friend says something stupid like that, ask him or her if it would be a good idea for police dogs and watch dogs to obey anybody, for instance a criminal the dog is chasing. The answer is obvious. And those are the cleverest dogs around.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

eliman is offline Village Puppy

hopefully we went back in his place with 2 other friends who have to very sossialiazed dogs , and mine played all the time with them and we had a great time . his dog from the other hand all the time kept barking and barking . the other friends told him exactely the same thing as you said at your first post .

+ Reply to Thread