Kitty Roca (aka Cat Poop)
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pugaddiction

Thread: Kitty Roca (aka Cat Poop)

MonicaS is offline Village Puppy

Unhappy Kitty Roca (aka Cat Poop)

I have a cat (Angel) who has two litter boxes in my office. Pei-Pei LOVES to go in there and get the "Kitty Roca" out of the box and eat it. I know I made a mistake getting all upset about it and rushing towards her to dig it out of her mouth, because now she's playing "keepaway" with it, even if I've trained her (sort-of) to stop when I call her name.

Anyone else have a solution to make kitty poop not so pleasant for her?
    Proud mama to Princess Pei-Pei the puppy
    Album here: http://photobucket.com/princesspeipei

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Kitty Poop has always been yummy to pugs or dogs in general and to this day I have never found a solution to keeping them from eating it except beating them to the litterbox and disposing of it before they can get to it. Some people keep the litter box in a place that only kitty can get too, like behind a baby gate. I can't do this with mine as he is older and cannot jump over gates anymore. Best of luck to you.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

**I can't do this with mine as he is older and cannot jump over gates anymore. **

That is why I like the accordion baby gates - kitties can waltz through, the dogs are stopped.
    Gating, or box placement is the only solution. Dogs eat cat poop.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Pugs-R-MandyBait View Post
    **I can't do this with mine as he is older and cannot jump over gates anymore. **

That is why I like the accordion baby gates - kitties can waltz through, the dogs are stopped.
    Gating, or box placement is the only solution. Dogs eat cat poop.
    I don't think you have seen a picture of my cat, so here you go,

As you can see he is as big if not bigger than the pugs. He does have alot of hair though, so maybe I will look for one at a used baby store and give it a try. I am sure he would love some privacy, without a pug or 2 stairing at him as he tries to do his business.
    sugarskullz likes this.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

MonicaS is offline Village Puppy

OMG Gina! My cat looks very much like yours! Big, black and fluffy!! I'm lucky Angel is still fairly hale and hearty.

After some research and discussion w/my folks, I think I've come up w/a solution. I have a card table that I'm using. I think I'll be putting his box on top of it in the bedroom. The kicker: the table will be over Pei-Pei's bed!!!
    Proud mama to Princess Pei-Pei the puppy
    Album here: http://photobucket.com/princesspeipei

AbbyGus is offline Village Mayor

We got these space ship looking dome cat boxes at petco that have a little ramp that goes up into the covered box. I can't remember what they're called for sure, but if you see them you'll know what I'm talking about if you go look at petco. They're big round domes, mine are gray. Anyway, the pugs can't really get up into them, or at least are too freaked out to try, and they are SUPER at controlling odor (they have a charcoal filter in the top) and the little staircase helps keep down the litter tracked out. Worth looking into.
    The Chicken Lady to Gussie Handsome ~ Bentley Pee Pug ~ Princess Gracie May ~ Skinny Sam

Abby Sweets, never forgotten

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup

+ Reply to Thread