Please, PLEASE help me...I can't take this anymore...please... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Please, PLEASE help me...I can't take this anymore...please...

Rabbit is offline New to the Village

Thank you all again for your advice. I will keep you posted with ZZ'S progress...

I have totally screwed up my dog beyond repair. She pissed on me AGAIN last night, and all three times I let her out of her carrier, she peed on the floor. I had newspaper there, thankfully. I am being submissive to her, doing all the gestures. I am at the end of my f****** rope and ready to give her up. What am I doing wrong?! Why does she hate me so much?! :'(

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

She doesn't hate you at all, and she's not doing it for spite.She's as confused as you are. You are the leader, be calm and assertive when dealing with her. Are you taking her out as soon as she's out of her crate? Could she have a UTI?
    Poochysforever likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Yes, she goes straight out; absolutely. I keep my cool with it, but sometimes, tears will leak out of my eyes. I'm so sad that she feels so afraid of me after her vet visit. I feel like the crappiest mom in the world... I just wish I could talk to her, just for 30 seconds, and tell her that leash clipping is okay... :'( She gets to go outside and PLAY with me while she's on a leash! I'd figure she'd associate it with something happy... :'( I've never had a dog before and feel like I'm doing everything wrong...
    Last edited by Rabbit; 02-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I'm sorry for all your stress & troubles! You may have to try to not let your father affect you--stay away from him if you can, & don't let him come around you causing trouble. Easier said than done, I guess, but some people are just toxic to others, & it sounds like all he does is stress you out. You have to take care of you first. Have you taken your Pug back to the vet to see if she has developed some kind of infection? Maybe in the process of poopin' out the wad of rawhide, she hurt herself somehow. Or she could have developed a urinary tract infection which is making her pee all over the place....just try to stay calm with her--Pugs want to please, & she probably can't help herself peeing, then she knows she did the wrong thing & thinks she is going to get in trouble for it. She doesn't hate you, & she isn't doing that out of revenge. If she is afraid, maybe something else happened at the vet's, or maybe she is associating the leash with going to the vet, or riding in the car, or something else she doesn't like or that is scary to her. You need to make sure she doesn't have anything medical going on, then you need to stay calm & loving with her. Does she have a harness? You shouldn't use a collar with a Pug, but use a harness instead, & hook her leash to that. All that peeing doesn't seem right to me, & seems like the vet really needs to check that out. Good luck & please keep us posted...
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12