• 1 Post By ChristinePugMom
  • 3 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 4 Post By Tuck and Ag's Mom
  • 2 Post By Shutterpug
  • 3 Post By Wonka & Nilla

Thread: 3 Pugs/Dogs

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default 3 Pugs/Dogs

Henry is our 3rd and this is the 1st time I got 3 dogs. He is actually a very independent little guy. He plays outdoors all by himself. He drags his toys all outdoors his favorite place to be. You see him running with his toys tossing them and hiding them in the tunnels. He also does not mind sleeping in his little cathouse and kennel at night.
    Otherwise he follows the big boys and takes cues from them. Bruno is his Pugtona buddy.
    I know I will have to take him separate from the boys and do some training. He does come when I call him and comes in the house for snacks of course!
    He is so focused on the boys it seems crazy at times. He started his screaming like he is hurt all I did is picked him up because he got exhausted trying to keep up with the big boys. We only walked down the street and back. And of course he was fine as soon as I set him back down. He screams a lot actually and while people think it is cute I find it to be something I need to get under control. He is very vocal with everything . I never had such a vocal dog not sure how to handle it yet. Don’t get me wrong he is a very good puppy no issues with house breaking either. I just am not sure if I need to do something about the screaming ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 09-27-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Shannon C is offline Village Admiral

Reminds me of Lyla although she doesn’t scream but when she gets excited (especially when I come home) she starts this low whine which then leads to a loud howl!! She will howl and howl! Lots find it so adorable. I do too at times haha
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Default 3 Pugs/Dogs

Yes he got howling and whining going on too. Excitement like a harp seal. The scream is happening when he does not get his way!

https://youtu.be/obcA-LLoVcA

https://youtu.be/KmoichPMJvE

Cry Baby is his nick name

Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 09-27-2020 at 09:30 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

But he is so cute and we love him just the way he is ....

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

He may always be talkative.....but hopefully, the screaming will stop as he gets older. What a cutie he is!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

I just love him.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shaynapug View Post
    He may always be talkative.....but hopefully, the screaming will stop as he gets older. What a cutie he is!
    Lucky him he is cute . A cute brat. Thank goodness he is not talking in his sleep!

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Royalty

Hate to tell you but Tucker was always a screamer, we had so many delivery people hide around the corner when they’d come to the door. One time in Baltimore airport I had to go through additional screening after walking through with Tucker so I handed him to my husband and he started screaming, people were ducking, officers came running...it was the most embarrassing situation. I always said if I could change anything in Tuck it would be the screaming but man I would love to hear that again.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Shutterpug is offline Village Mayor

Oh my. The screaming would be hopefully something he out grows. Quinn is a year old now and still barks to get his way....a high pitched bark. It does get hard on the ears. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I think it's adorable, but I totally understand why you want to try to limit it. A pug screaming for attention or displeasure is no fun when people are staring and wondering what is going on with your dog! Perhaps you can teach him to "talk" on cue and reward that, but ignore when he does it otherwise? I've heard stories of people having success with that, but I've also heard the opposite, where the dog starts barking all the time, trying to get a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck and Ag's Mom View Post
    Hate to tell you but Tucker was always a screamer, we had so many delivery people hide around the corner when they’d come to the door. One time in Baltimore airport I had to go through additional screening after walking through with Tucker so I handed him to my husband and he started screaming, people were ducking, officers came running...it was the most embarrassing situation. I always said if I could change anything in Tuck it would be the screaming but man I would love to hear that again.
    Oh my goodness, what a story!!

Wonka was a very vocal/talkative dog and I loved all the sounds he made. He wasn't really a barker at things outside the window the way Miss Nilla was, but Wonka groaned in pleasure when he got a massage, "meowed" like a kitty in greeting and happiness and, yes, he screamed in excitement for food, car rides or anything he loved to do. My hubby was just saying the other day that he doesn't miss Wonka's "screaming" at din-din time or in the car... and I know what he means, but gosh, I would give anything to hear it again. I especially miss the happy sounds he made when I came home and greeted him.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread