Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

admin is offline Administrator

Default Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

A few of the new features that were added includes:
    • Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
    • A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
    • A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
    • There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
    • Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
    • The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.

Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
    • After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
    • PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
    • The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
    • Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
    • The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.

Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.

**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thank you.
    Last edited by admin; 11-07-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Nina_W and Stephersyo like this.

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

I access PV mainly from a Sony Xperia Z (android). The view appears to be the same as it always has been......but I'm not technically savvy! Maybe I'm too eager?!
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

AmyR, are you still not seeing the new mobile skin for this site?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
    AmyR, are you still not seeing the new mobile skin for this site?
    I'm afraid not, no. It looks the same. I've just tried logging out and back in again but made no difference. Having re-read your post, maybe my phone is too old? I don't know whether Xperia Z are considered 'modern'
    Amy

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

Amy, I believe your OS has to be 4.0 or newer. You can find out by going into your settings and looking in "About Phone". It should tell you what your Android Version is. Mine is 4.4.4
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

Quote Originally Posted by sugarskullz View Post
    Amy, I believe your OS has to be 4.0 or newer. You can find out by going into your settings and looking in "About Phone". It should tell you what your Android Version is. Mine is 4.4.4
    Thanks for this, I didn't have a clue how to find out!lol :)
    It says it's 4.2.2

Do you get the 'new skin ' view Patrice?
    Amy

I'll check with our team to make sure things are LIVE.
    AmyR likes this.

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    Thanks for this, I didn't have a clue how to find out!lol :)
    It says it's 4.2.2

Do you get the 'new skin ' view Patrice?
    I haven't tried it out yet.
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

Hey, its not quite ready for prime time yet. It will go live today it just rolls out site by site and we have not reached pugvillage on the list just yet. I will keep you updated.

-Philip
    AmyR likes this.

Stephersyo is offline Village Governor

Perfect! I like getting on PV, but I'm not on my laptop a lot. I can post thru my phone on the non mobile site, but a mobile site will be MUCH more convenient. Thanks!
    A dog teaches fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast