Important: for anyone who can't log in due to the password change! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Important: for anyone who can't log in due to the password change!

hannahbanana is offline New to the Village

I have had trouble signing in all day. It looks like my entire registration was deleted. When trying to reset my password it told me it did not recognize my email or username. Because I just registered two days ago, I decided to re-register with my original username; it allowed me to use it. I lost some pictures from my original profile, but overall it is working fine now.
    Hannah Hummel (May 12, 2002 - June 17, 2016) Love you forever baby girl.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

This is not good. I am able to log in using my old password, not my new one that I set up. Last week I couldn't use my old one but could use the new one. What was the purpose of having to change my password. I am hoping that someone will be fixing these issues very soon. I would hate to not be able to use pugvillage and talk to all my friends. Still not able to reply to messages on my work computer because of browser issues. And no I cannot change browsers at work. Very frustrated.
    puglover22 likes this.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

admin is offline Administrator

Hey everyone,

If you have received a new password from us and it contains minimum 10 characters consisting of letters, numbers and symbols and you're finding that it doesn't "work" when you use it, here are some quick tips:

1. Please TYPE out the password as oppose to copying/pasting. For whatever reasons, we're finding that copy/pasting doesn't always capture the special characters.

2. Please clear your browser history/cache/cookies in case your browser session is still capturing your old password.

Hopefully these help out a bit.

Yung

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

It seems that most people are able to log in now, but I wanted to bump this up for anyone still having log in issues.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Galagya is offline Village Mayor

It didn't work the first time for whatever reason, but it did the second. I actually rather liked the randomly-generated password it sent me... so I kept it, & plan to use it again some time, when I need to update my passwords elsewhere. I always make sure to have crazy passwords, anyway, for the sake of security(for example, my passwords may look something like yN&d8rtO29e - no joke, no exaggeration! I take passwords pretty seriously, haha).

Actually, I wanted to mention... Amazon just recently asked for a password change from me as well, also because of some sort of security breach. Then another site did, as well. It was some shopping site I signed up on a long time ago & forgot about. I have to wonder if this is all connected, somehow? It was all around the same time. I wonder.

There was a breach just a couple months ago for another site, too, but because of the lapse in time coupled with the fact that the site's content was completely different, I'm almost completely positive that one is unrelated.

Anyway, I hope everyone gets back in without any trouble. I'd hate to see those having trouble with this not returning because of it. Especially considering a couple of the names seem to be regulars who are very, very nice people... the backbone of the community, if you will(Pat's Crew, for instance).

Best of luck, everyone.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

There are still some members having log in issues so I wanted to bump this up again. As suggested above, please try to following first:
    If you have received a new password from us and it contains minimum 10 characters consisting of letters, numbers and symbols and you're finding that it doesn't "work" when you use it, here are some quick tips:

1. Please TYPE out the password as oppose to copying/pasting. For whatever reasons, we're finding that copy/pasting doesn't always capture the special characters.

2. Please clear your browser history/cache/cookies in case your browser session is still capturing your old password.

Hopefully these help out a bit.
    If you are still unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages to contact PugVillage Admin's for help, or you can email me at [email protected] and I will see what I can do to assist.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

Finally after many tries and with the help from wonderful Amy, I was able to get in & change PW. This has been difficult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123