general site questions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: general site questions

Bean is offline Village Puppy

Defaultgeneral site questions

Can someone please explain a few things to me, being that I am new to this site?

1) How does this "paw" thing next to my avatar work? I'm a new member and just noticed that I rec'd 1 paw already, how does this system work and who gives these "paws"

2) How do I add my Pugs birthday to the calendar, do I have to "create an even" in the calendar?

3) How do I know if I can post a "New Post" or not, I don't know if I'm eligible to do this or not? I did post a "New Post" a few days ago, then I posted a 2 nd one , with a different title, but the same content, as I was trying to find information with, I guess 2 different categories? But, I don't see the 2nd post and I wasn't notified that I could not do this either, so I just want to understand how this works.

That's it for now~

TTFN~
    Kay
    Bean's mom
    TTFN~
    Kay
    Bean's Mom
    Who ever said "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" never owned a Pug~ :}

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Defaultgeneral site questions

Hmmm I never seen the paws but I do hardly ever use the website version . I use an App for posting on forums . It was so hard for me to post pictures and keep track of what I want to see. The App I use is called Tapatalk and it is free . It works on on mobile devices. I know many now use it too because of posting pictures.
    I post pictures because my English is not well enough to express myself on what I really want to say .
    I can tell you I saw two Threads you started .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bean likes this.

Ok, well thank you anyway. I use my laptop mostly. I see, for instance, on your avatar, you have 5 purple paws, you don't see this? Just curious what these are ?
    TTFN~
    Kay
    Bean's Mom

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Ok, well thank you anyway. I use my laptop mostly. I see, for instance, on your avatar, you have 5 purple paws, you don't see this? Just curious what these are ?
    Probably how much you post .
    I have been on here a little over 2 years so it’s not length of membership .
    I am sure Amy Wonka and Beanie’s mom will explain .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bean likes this.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Can someone please explain a few things to me, being that I am new to this site?
    1) How does this "paw" thing next to my avatar work? I'm a new member and just noticed that I rec'd 1 paw already, how does this system work and who gives these "paws"
    2) How do I add my Pugs birthday to the calendar, do I have to "create an even" in the calendar?
    3) How do I know if I can post a "New Post" or not, I don't know if I'm eligible to do this or not? I did post a "New Post" a few days ago, then I posted a 2 nd one , with a different title, but the same content, as I was trying to find information with, I guess 2 different categories? But, I don't see the 2nd post and I wasn't notified that I could not do this either, so I just want to understand how this works.
    Hi Kay, this thread will answer some of your questions: https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/new...rted-tips.html
    Unfortunately, it's a little outdated and I just now noticed the pictures aren't showing up, but there is an explanation for how the paw prints work and also some other "getting started" info.

For the calendar, you would go to the date where you want to add the birthday and then click on "Add New Event," type your info and the "save event"

We call it a "Thread" when it's a new topic (compared to a reply within a thread) and yes, you can do that! In fact you did that to create this particular thread that I am replying to. If your second thread was posted a few days ago, it may be on the next page of the results if it hasn't had replies recently to keep it up on the firs page. Was it the one on pancreatitis? I didn't reply to that one because I didn't have any info to add about that health topic. I'm guessing it just moved on down to the second page of results. If you don't see a second page as an option within the sub-forum (such as Pug Health), then you can try going to the bottom of the page and see if there is an option to change the number of days that it's displaying posts... I think the default might be 10 days?

I hope that helps!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Bean like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

Thank you for this information. Yes, this does help. it just get a little confusing, so I appreciate it. I understand how to begin a thread, and yes, it was the one called pancreatitis, I just didn't 't know how to see it, but now I understand better, so thank you for that. I wasn't sure how to get to the older posts, I guess.

Much appreciate.
    TTFN~
    Kay
    Bean's Mom

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

No worries, it does take a bit to figure everything out! We're glad to have you here and happy to try to answer any questions you have. I remember when I first joined and had some trouble finding my way around and trying to understand how to create a thread or post a reply. The "paw prints" is a frequent question - people also ask about the "titles" a lot. For example, yours says Village Puppy (because you are new, puppy is assigned to all new people). Mine says "Village Dancing Jitterpug" because after you reach so many posts you can chose your own custom title if you want. My boy Wonka and I used to do Canine Musical Freestyle (dancing with dogs, tricks to music) and so that is why I chose that title years ago. As you look at various members, you'll see many with custom titles.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Bean like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD
    and introducing... Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka & Nilla View Post
    No worries, it does take a bit to figure everything out! We're glad to have you here and happy to try to answer any questions you have. I remember when I first joined and had some trouble finding my way around and trying to understand how to create a thread or post a reply. The "paw prints" is a frequent question - people also ask about the "titles" a lot. For example, yours says Village Puppy (because you are new, puppy is assigned to all new people). Mine says "Village Dancing Jitterpug" because after you reach so many posts you can chose your own custom title if you want. My boy Wonka and I used to do Canine Musical Freestyle (dancing with dogs, tricks to music) and so that is why I chose that title years ago. As you look at various members, you'll see many with custom titles.
    I always wondered about the custom titles! They are so clever! Hopefully I will eventually get there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

If I'm not mistaken, you get to select a custom title after 4,000 posts?
    Wonka & Nilla and Bean like this.
    Christine
    Servant to Lucy the pug, wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP, mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a tank full of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17.
    https://pugspancakes.blogspot.com/

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

I have a ways to go then!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast