May you RIP, my little man, my Mr. Fudgie! February 9, 2005-March 15, 2017

View Poll Results: How did you care for your Pug baby in the Senior Years?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hospice for animals

0 0%
  • Decided to just put them down

1 16.67%
  • Bought a wheelchair for them

0 0%
  • Put them in diapers

0 0%
  • Just let them be and live

5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: May you RIP, my little man, my Mr. Fudgie! February 9, 2005-March 15, 2017

Kenike1969 is offline New to the Village

Default May you RIP, my little man, my Mr. Fudgie! February 9, 2005-March 15, 2017

Sorry for such a long post! (2nd post) Well I thought if I would wait a couple of weeks to post this it would be easier, for me, but it is not! OMG. My baby boy, Mr. Fudgie died on March 15th and I have been a lost soul since. A piece of my heart is gone with him. Mr. Fudgie was such a special boy. He was my first Pug and he meant more to me than anything in the whole wide world. He was my little boy. I am balling now. Sorry. We were lucky to have spent almost 12 years with him. So very lucky. He was such a good boy. I cry every day for him. And I will cry for him forever.

I just wanted to let you all know that yes, Mr. Fudgie was 12 years old, but in the end he lost all feeling in hind legs, he couldn't walk, he couldn't hold his pee and was peeing everywhere, he would poop and would end up sitting in it because he couldn't hold himself up long enough to squat for a second. The last drink of water he drank at home was his last and he could barely drink it because he just choked on it. Should I have put him in diapers and a wheelchair? I just wonder if anyone here could share with me if they ever had chosen to go that route and exactly how long did the Pug live like that for? Was he ok? Was he happy living like that? I still beat myself up thinking that is what I should have done to have him still here with me now? But I know that would have just made me selfish. I guess when it is time, it never is the RIGHT time to have to put our babies down. I just cannot wait till I see him again, because I will never let him go ever again, never. I would give anything right now to be able to hold my Mr. Fudge man again and to be able to kiss him again, anything! I hope this post makes sense. Thanks for being here everyone and listening to me. I knew this would be hard, but never in my dreams could I have ever imagined it would be THIS HARD! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

I am so sorry for your loss.

My first puggy died at 11. This was a car accident, but yeah, he was very, very old by then. Nearly blind, deaf, and had some old age dementia.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves what the right choice is for their situation. You made the best choice for yourselves - at least, it sounds like you did to me. That is all any of us can ever do.

On the morning my puggy died, I head the accident and came running out in my pajamas. He didn't die right away, and I wanted to take him to a vet right then (I didn't have my glasses or contact lenses, I could not drive him right away myself). My parents, who had their car in the driveway (dad ran him over), moved slowly, were unwilling, I don't know. I was very distraught. But maybe they could see what I could not, that he was so broken that he would not make it. He died pretty much in my arms, the little man, about two minutes later. For months I was just so angry that no one would listen and help me take him to the vet. But he'd have died two minutes later anyway, just then on the way to the vet in stead of at home. At that point, there was nothing anyone could do.

Gosh, I'm tearing up now. It's nearly a decade later. I miss him still, but it's no longer a painful ache, more a fond memory of a very good dog.

I'll repeat myself. You made the best decisions you could at the time. That's ok. That's all we can ever do. Find some peace in your memories of him. Tell us a story - what did he like most in all the world? What sounds did he make when he was excited? Did he have a favourite person? Did he like toys? What was his favourite food? Favourite place?

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot say it better than Nina and I hope you do give us some stories about your boy.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I am sorry for your loss.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Pug Mom Claire is offline Village Admiral

I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear Mr. Fudgie...they grab a piece of your heart and take it with them when they go...
    I lost my precious Pearl at age nine...much too soon. Our Louie lived to be 14+, but his last few weeks were heartbreaking. I learned from him that to hold on too long is never fair to Pug or owner.
    You will grieve for quite sometime, feels like a forever hole in your life, but eventually your tears will give way to smiles from fun fond memories...it does take time.
    Someday, remembering all the good times will lessen the pain of your deep loss.
    Many hugs to you!!!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you. Do tell us more about him if it is not too painful for you.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

You knew your boy better than anyone and knew that his quality of life was not going to get any better. There is a saying, better to release them one day too soon than one day too late. I am so very sorry you had to make the hardest decision of all but you did it out of love for Mr. Fudgie. That doesn't ease the pain for you but you can know in your heart that you did what was best for him. I fully believe that one day there will be a grand reunion and we will be with our all of our loved ones again for all eternity and that includes our precious companions. Oh, how I long for that day myself. I will be praying for comfort and peace for you.
    puglover22 likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

MerkySky is offline Village VP

Sorry for your loss. I would love , like others to hear about your special boy.
    When you are no longer afraid do you begin to live! MerkySky

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

So very sorry for your loss. Yes they do indeed tear a part of our heart off and take it with them. That's why it takes a bit for all of us to heal that hole in our heart. It seems the first hurts as much as the second or the fifteenth. Tell us about Mr. Fudgie - was he a fawn? Big hugs being sent to you.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

So sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, Mr. Fudgie.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast